Providing security to a Sliding Door Has it problems, since the door is made of glass and the frame usually is made from aluminum. A sliding door is the simplest and fastest way for an intruder to enter a house.
Types of Security Items Available
- Double function door and terrace Security pub – This pub is a multi-task product. To secure a sliding door, the pub has a removal pin. The pin can be pushed in or out. Push pin into fit between door jam and wall of sliding door. Release pin to fasten door. The bar is made from steel and may be used at home or during travel. No special tools or setup required. The pub should hold under one-thousand pounds of pressure . Cost starts at $18.00
- Telescopic Aluminum Bar – Namesake Comes from being the sliding up and down capacity of the pub that is very similar to a telescope. The pub has a double concept it provide security inside and outside sliding doors. Installation is required. The installation is simple. Cost starts at $18.00
- Sliding Bolt Lock – Can be used on Both aluminum and wood sliding doors. The lock is flexible prowadnice do drzwi przesuwnych, so it can be placed on left or right sliding door openings. It is best to purchase the kit if provided. The bundle will guarantee everything will fit correctly. Cost starts at $15.99
- Door Brace Security Bar – This bar Includes a rubber grip foot to prevent scratches and mars on floor. It is made from heavy duty steel. Folds easily and is portable. Small investment for a great quantity of security. Cost starts at $7.00
- Charley Bar – Sometimes used to describe a sliding door security bar. Works on exactly the exact same bar principle. The pub typically fit doors from 36 to 48 inches. Install easily by drilling a holes in the door frame and using the screws that come with the kit. Unlike the other pubs, this bar is set in the center of the door. The door opens easily by pushing on it. This is the perfect for people who have trouble bending. The purchase price begins at $30.00.
- Screws – One inexpensive method is To use 3 or more screws. This will make it even more challenging to achieve entry if the frame of the doorway is compromised. Cost starts at least than $.90
- Cut Shrubbery – Cut down or clear Bushes or plants which cover the entrance way into the patio door. It might allow neighbors or passerby to observe an intruder. Price is dependent upon landscaper fee.
- Plastic Film – This movie is built Into them glass like the mesh which makes bullet proof glass bullet proof. Price is costly and just a few manufacturers make this product. Check yellow pages.
- Wood – Wedging a piece of sturdy Wood between the door and frame jam provides security. Set the wood in the door track so the door cannot slide open. Free if scrape or a limb from a tree.
However much money is spent on selecting a sliding glass patio door, it only works if everybody remembers to shut the door and lock it.